Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

As a Christmas present for all my readers I am going to tell you the story of how I got my bike.

This is me and my parents on Christmas morning many years ago. Our family was very poor and so it was a huge deal when I got the bike. My Dad told me the story on how they got the bike.


One morning as he was going for a walk, he saw something in the old creek and pulled it out. He cleaned it off and discovered it was part of a bike.

Only the wheels were

missing so he sold one of our
piglets which were practically

the only sources

of money we had.

Mom pitched in with some

vegetables. With the money

they were able to buy a new set of wheels. Dad put them on the bike and on Christmas I saw the bike (which I am still riding) for the first time. Without my parents generosity I probably wouldn't be a biker right now.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Ben

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you like the piglet you sold,?
Were you sad?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a kind of sad story.

David said...

No, I hardly knew the piglet that was sold because it had just been born. It does seem like kind of a sad story but I ended up competing and doing shows with the bike and we got more money from that.

Anonymous said...

Did you have photographers back then or is it just a re-enactment?

Anonymous said...

How old are you Ben?

Anonymous said...

Are your parents still alive?

Anonymous said...

Can we meat your parents sometime Ben? Do you have any brothers and sisters?

p a t r i c i a said...

is one named Billy Joe?